1. Cut one large red pepper in half, remove seeds and roast in oven at 350 degrees until the skin separates from flesh (about 15 minutes). Remove skin and discard.
2. Put in blender and blend well:
¼ cup water
¼ cup tahini
2 cloves garlic
½ cup onion (of your choice)
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
¼ cup juice of lemon
½ a jalapeño (w/o seeds)
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp cumin
3. Add 1 ½ cup chickpeas (2 15 oz cans), ½ cup at a time and blend until smooth. Add a few tbsps of water if it’s too thick.
4. Season with more spices and lemon juice to get it to your liking.
5. Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
6. Serve on chips of your choice with goat cheese or Feta.