So I’m gonna start with something that I think is kind of a hidden gem. I made it recently for my friend Stephen and he fell in love with it… It has a unique flavor unlike anything else. And if you hate raw beets, you may like this – because it tastes completely different. The aroma from the oven as it’s baking is also very earthy, and it’s pink!
I can’t take credit for this recipe, because some chef in the Southwest makes it with steak [instead of baked potato], but I think it’s a great lunch, appetizer, or part of a holiday meal on it’s own.
You don’t need much to make this, and if you don’t have a dutch oven, I’ve made them in a pan with foil tightly covering the top.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash Beets, scrub if there’s extra soil. You probably don’t want to put more than 3 or 4 in the dutch oven at once. So if you buy a beet bunch with leaves  that works, or you can buy them individually.
3. If lopsided, slice off bottom so it sits upright in the pot
4. Place in dutch oven, cover with Olive Oil and Salt well
5. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours
6. Top with Goat Cheese. Eat when hot/warm.